Friday, June 10, 2011

Training Schedule

I have had numerous people approach me to inquire about my training schedule for my triathlon. While I don't follow any one specific training program, I do try to do brick workouts 2-3 times a week at least. These workouts combine two of the legs of the triathlon in one workout. Here is this past week's training workouts:
Monday: 1/2 mile pool, 2.5 mile run
Tuesday: 8 mile bike, 2.5 mile run
Wednesday: 1/2 mile pool, 1 mile run, strength training, jump rope
Thursday: 10K run
Friday: 5K run, 4 mile bike

Next week I will likely add to these workouts and push myself harder. The next 3 weeks are going to be intense training and then the week before the triathlon I will be taking it easy to let my muscles rest for the big race.

No comments:

Post a Comment