Sunday, September 18, 2011

My 5K Run and A Fight with My Friend, Ralph

Do not eat mexican food the day of a 5K race!

Personal best today and a beautiful day for it! Got 3rd in my age group at the Heart Choices Walk/Run/Ride for Life with a time of 26:31. The temperature was perfect at a little less than 70 degrees. The course was just right a few small inclines, but mainly a flat stretch. My running buddies helped me to stay on pace! (Thanks Kate and Brandi).

The only thing I didn't like about this race was my encounter with a very distant friend, Ralph, that I encountered immediately after the race was over. Apparently, the salsa I had for lunch decided that it didn't like all that running and made it known....if you know what I mean. I felt fine the entire run, but when my body stopped moving, my stomach didn't. I remember as I crouched between two vehicles and let the liquid screaming begin, that there were two women who were watching the race, saying "Holy cow, what did she eat?" As I finished my conversation with "Ralph", I looked up and said, "Don't eat mexican food before a race." :)

No comments:

Post a Comment